📣 Introducing a New Bible Conference Coordinated by Bart Ehrman

Discussion about the New Testament, apocrypha, gnostics, church fathers, Christian origins, historical Jesus or otherwise, etc.
chrishuntley

📣 Introducing a New Bible Conference Coordinated by Bart Ehrman

Post by chrishuntley »

Hey everyone,
I'm Chris Huntley, Director of Marketing for Bart Ehrman. We are coordinating a new virtual Bible conference and Peter said I should announce it here. This was written by Bart. Here it goes...

I am absolutely thrilled to announce an exciting new conference tailored exclusively for non-biblical scholars. Join us for the inaugural 2-day online event: "New Insights into the New Testament" (NINT), taking place on September 23-24, 2023!

Unlock the Latest Research from the Gospels:
NINT brings together 10 world-class Bible scholars, each an expert in their field, to reveal their latest and most captivating research on the Bible. This year’s theme will be the New Testament Gospels. These presentations are tailored for individuals like you, passionate about delving deeper into New Testament research, without requiring prior expertise.

A few of our accomplished presenters will include Dale Allison, Candida Moss, James Tabor, and more! I'll also be sharing a lecture on a topic I've never taught publicly and will serve as the event’s host. This is a terrific opportunity to gain profound insights from top scholars.

Reserve your spot now at www.ntconference.org.

💡 Engaging Interactive Experience:
Beyond the fascinating lectures, NINT offers interactive virtual meet-ups, allowing you to connect with fellow attendees. Engage in meaningful discussions, explore new perspectives, and forge lasting connections. The presentations are designed for accessibility and clarity, ensuring a memorable and enlightening experience. Live Q&A sessions will follow each lecture, and you'll have lifetime access to both the lectures and Q&A sessions from the entire conference.

🎟️ Special Inaugural Event Pricing:
While similar events may cost $179 or more, we wanted to make NINT accessible to all. The standard pricing is only $59.95. But act swiftly and secure your spot before August 26th to enjoy the special early-bird rate of only $49.95.

We can't wait to embark on this extraordinary journey of "New Insights into the New Testament" with you. Expand your understanding, embrace new knowledge, and be part of history in the making. Secure your place now and you’ll forever be able to boast that you attended the very first NINT!

Click on this link to explore more or reserve your spot. www.ntconference.org

I’m looking forward to seeing you there!

Warm regards,

Bart D. Ehrman
Coordinator and Presenter at NINT
annotate

Re: 📣 Introducing a New Bible Conference Coordinated by Bart Ehrman

Post by annotate »

I'm not familiar with all the speakers but I don't think a mythicist is included. Bart definitely doesn't like that word.
maryhelena

Post by maryhelena »

If biblical scholars really want to reach the non scholars then join the forum to spread their new insights and answer questions. Thanks to Peter Kirby this is a free forum and biblical scholars are welcome.
Peter Kirby
Site Admin

Post by Peter Kirby »

Chris Huntley was invited to post about the conference.

Thanks for sharing this, Chris!
StephenGoranson

Post by StephenGoranson »

In my opinion, I welcome announcements such as this one, here, even if not all posters do welcome such.
Though I do not currently plan to attend, I personally think that seven or eight of the presenters are excellent scholars and good communicators.
Irish1975

Post by Irish1975 »

I can’t believe we’re so lucky to live in an age when the most brilliant and truthful scholars are so generous with their time, at such reasonable prices.

But as much as I love The Truth about Jesus, think I’ll hold out for the inevitable Caribbean Cruise.
Leucius Charinus

Post by Leucius Charinus »

annotate wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 12:04 pm I'm not familiar with all the speakers but I don't think a mythicist is included. Bart definitely doesn't like that word.
Does Bart still compare mythicists with Holocaust deniers ?
annotate

Post by annotate »

Leucius Charinus wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 9:56 pm
Last I heard he thought mythicists were 'fools.'
Peter Kirby
Site Admin

Post by Peter Kirby »

annotate wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 2:45 pm
Leucius Charinus wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 9:56 pm
Last I heard he thought mythicists were 'fools.'
Sounds like an upgrade to me. For the longest time, they were what LC said or, at best, young earth creationists.
RandyHelzerman

Post by RandyHelzerman »

chrishuntley wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 11:24 am Hey everyone,
I'm Chris Huntley, Director of Marketing for Bart Ehrman.
Wow, no wonder everybody is complaining about not being able to get their stuff published.

Can I get your card? Asking for a friend.....