Constantine & the Sacred Name Code ☧ (Chi-Rho)

Discussion about the New Testament, apocrypha, gnostics, church fathers, Christian origins, historical Jesus or otherwise, etc.
Leucius Charinus

Constantine & the Sacred Name Code ☧ (Chi-Rho)

Post by Leucius Charinus »

http://www.mountainman.com.au/essenes/chi%20rho.htm

I have taken the time to document and tabulate instances of the appearance of the Sacred Name of Christ in the historical record outside of the manuscript tradition and am sharing this tabulation with members of this forum for their comments and feedback. Some of the instances are quite surprising. Embedded in the tabulation are links to various articles and resources that discuss this evidence in greater depth. One of the more surprising instances of the "Chi-Rho" are found in a number of "lead water tanks" found scattered in Britain.
Steve Malone wrote: A Group of Romano-British lead tanks from Lincolnshire and Nottinghamshire"

"A total of twenty-three whole or partial circular lead tanks ascribed a Romano-British date have been recorded from Britain (Elliott and Malone 2005; pace Worrell 2005 who adds, in fact, the twenty-third). They have a largely eastern distribution, with the majority by far recovered in the East Midlands and East Anglia.
NOTE: In this tabulation I have ceased listing instances of the appearance of the Chi-Rho on the coins of the Christian Roman Emperors from the rule of Jovian (Thessalonica mint, 364 CE) however many further instances could be added from later in the 4th and subsequent centuries.
A "cobbler of fables" [Augustine]; "Leucius is the disciple of the devil" [Decretum Gelasianum]; and his books "should be utterly swept away and burned" [Pope Leo I]; they are the "source and mother of all heresy" [Photius]