The infidels:

All other informal historical discussion, ancient or modern, falls here. This includes the topics of Islam, Buddhism, and other religious traditions.

Moderator: JoeWallack

JPCusickSr

Re: Response:

Post by JPCusickSr »

outhouse wrote: You avoided the context of the question.
I did not mean to do that.
outhouse wrote: Does islam condemn secular thought/thinking?
There is no spokesperson for Islam, and I am not about to speak for the entire religion of Islam.

If there were a true Caliphate then we could ask them, but there is none.

I myself do not condemn secular thought or science or Atheism, as I find that they all have some great truths in them.

I love the BIG BANG as secular and scientific proof that there was a creation day (or creation event), there was an = in the beginning, because science proved that there was a beginning.

I like evolution too, as it is just God improving His creation by evolving into a higher order - that evolution is a wonderful message about the Creator God.

Orthodox religion is mostly dead wrong or twisted.

Albert Einstein really nailed it when he said this = "Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."
SIGNATURE:
JP Cusick Sr.
outhouse

Post by outhouse »

JPCusickSr wrote:
Orthodox religion is mostly dead wrong or twisted.

Well now your on the right track.

Then why don't you study the text from a historical perspective and look for the truth instead of an apologetic explanation?

Nothing explains the truth like getting an academic education on the history.
JPCusickSr

Response:

Post by JPCusickSr »

outhouse wrote: Well now your on the right track.

Then why don't you study the text from a historical perspective and look for the truth instead of an apologetic explanation?

Nothing explains the truth like getting an academic education on the history.
You are inaccurately prejudging and projecting onto me as if I were some fundamentalist and or a literalist which I am not.

If orthodox Christians were allowed then they would burn me at the stake as an extremist infidel.

And I know that I can be called an "Apologist" but that is far from accurate about me.

I love history, and I have (IMO) read every great book from every part of humanity, and especially into Biblical Criticism, but I have my own twist to everything.

I am an infidel to every religion, but not an infidel to God.
SIGNATURE:
JP Cusick Sr.
outhouse

Post by outhouse »

JPCusickSr wrote:a literalist which I am not.

Academic bias goes much further then literalism
outhouse

Post by outhouse »

JPCusickSr wrote: but not an infidel to God.

That usually limits ones ability to know the truth.

So far we have not got down to any brass just yet, so I'm still not judging just yet
JPCusickSr

Post by JPCusickSr »

outhouse wrote: So far we have not got down to any brass just yet, so I'm still not judging just yet
Okay - that is cool.

Taking thy time to judge is a high virtue.

Cheers.
SIGNATURE:
JP Cusick Sr.
outhouse

Post by outhouse »

JPCusickSr wrote:
outhouse wrote: So far we have not got down to any brass just yet, so I'm still not judging just yet
Okay - that is cool.

Taking thy time to judge is a high virtue.

Cheers.

The reason for my Islamic vitriol, is things you accept as possibilities, no muslim can accept and still remain a muslim
JPCusickSr

Re: The infidels:

Post by JPCusickSr »

outhouse wrote: The reason for my Islamic vitriol, is things you accept as possibilities, no muslim can accept and still remain a muslim
The Muslims and the Jews are far more open to such things then are the Christians.

If it were allowed then I would be burned at the stake by all three of the Abrahamic faiths.

The real question here is if you can accept what I say on your own terms, as like I have on my own terms.

I do not need the Muslims to agree with me just as I do not need any Christian or anyone to agree with me, or any of them to use as a reference.

My faith stands all alone - otherwise known as - a personal relationship with God.

Personal relationship mean one-n-one and not a group relationship as in a church or religious group.

I embrace all religions and philosophies, but do not belong to any.

Thereby I am the ultimate infidel.
SIGNATURE:
JP Cusick Sr.
outhouse

Post by outhouse »

JPCusickSr wrote: My faith stands all alone -.

Academic knowledge is based on evidence and reasoning, not belief with a lack of both.
outhouse

Post by outhouse »

JPCusickSr wrote: The Muslims and the Jews are far more open to such things then are the Christians.

You are speaking of "some" scientific terms in this context. I disagree with said findings.

Reality dictates factually islam requires more fanaticism and fundamentalism then all combined.

All of islam, YEC and orthodox jews have high levels of nuttiness.

But orthodox and YEC are minorities in each faith.