Where do we go when we die?

What do they believe? What do you think? Talk about religion as it exists today.

Moderator: JoeWallack

John T

Re: Where do we go when we die?

Post by John T »

Sheshbazzar wrote:As a rural North American, the red man has been an integral element of my life for these last 66 years.
As a youth, the poverty stricken circumstances of my Northern Michigan life placed me in a social status and a life setting not all that different than that of my local 'Indian' family playmates.
My father made his sparse living as an old-time woodsman and trapper, regularly hunting and trapping along Michigan's wilderness trails and rivers with his life-long Indian friends, and many were the cold and tough winters where we turned to one another and shared of what little we possessed.

In High School my favorite, and certainly my most supportive, inspiring, and memorable teacher was the daughter of an Odawa Tribe chieftain, whom as it were, took this poor white-eyes child under her wing and spiritually nurtured him (me) with a level of personal attention and instruction beyond that of any of my classmates. Her son Frank was also on my Football team.

As adults, I, my wife, and mother have often attended the local Indian pow-wows as invited guests, and I have spent many hours engaged in private one on one conversations with various Indian Medicine Men.
Every summer for decades now, my wife and I have camped in the Petoskey Michigan area, where we spend entire days socializing with our long time Odawa Indian friends. They always delight in sharing the bounty of their Reservation harvest with us, invariably gifting us with bushels of fresh produce.
I well know first hand both what and how my Indian friends think on spiritual matters. They who have NOT been seduced into embracing the white mans sick death cult religious mythology, have earned my respect.

Sheshbazzar
I have a similar story with my grandfather in northern Minnesota. He was highly respected by the local tribe yet, he was a Lutheran and was not seduced into embracing the red mans sick death cult religious mythology. Does he have your respect as well?

JT
"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."...Jonathan Swift
Sheshbazzar

Post by Sheshbazzar »

Gnostic Bishop wrote:
Sheshbazzar wrote:
Gnostic Bishop wrote:
A logical fallacy. Such a negative cannot be proven.
It also cannot be proven that invisible and undetectable 'spirits' of the hundreds of billions of decapitated chickens and pigs do not also fly off to your imaginary heaven la la land.
That it cannot be proven that they do not, does not constitute any evidence of it not being a fact.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Whatsoever is asserted about the 'mind' or 'thoughts' of 'God', and the nature of 'Heaven' without any evidence, can, and most rationally and rightfully ought to be rejected in the absence of evidence.

Sheshbazzar
I agree with this last.

You could have shown a better character by just accepting my legitimate criticism instead of making yourself look un-intelligent.

Regards
DL
And YOU could have shown better character by remaining, and by forthrightly addressing the points I challenged you on in the thread where they were presented.

Hell, you could show better character HERE by forthrightly answering whether there will be resurrected zombie chickens and pigs in your personal version of heaven. As only YOU can declare what manner weird shit about it is that you believe about your version of heaven. (Do you for example, accept the statement of Isaiah 11:8 at face value?)

Sheshbazzar
Gnostic Bishop

Post by Gnostic Bishop »

Sheshbazzar

Post by Sheshbazzar »

John T wrote:
I have a similar story with my grandfather in northern Minnesota. He was highly respected by the local tribe yet he was a Luthern and was not seduced into embracing the red mans sick death cult religious mythology. Does he have your respect as well?.
You really wish to stake a claim that the native religion practiced by the red man had a sick death cult religious mythology? :wtf:
.... other than white man's resurrected zombie Jezuz god horse shit that the latter grandfathers were cajoled, starved, and coerced into saying 'Amen' to for a bag white mans of flour lest their children perished? And which has since been foisted off and forced upon generations of Native Americans in an deliberate attempt to both demean and destroy their native culture?
Sheshbazzar

Post by Sheshbazzar »

Gnostic Bishop wrote:http://www.raceandhistory.com/historica ... exodus.htm

Literalism is foolish.

Regards
DL
So. Is YOUR imagined 'Heaven' literal and real? ...or is it only an imagined place? ....No one here knows, nor can say, other than you.

Will it be the eternal abode of thousands of billions of decapitated and resurrected zombie chickens?

Venomous snakes were evidently an accepted and continuing element in Isaiah's prophesied peaceful Kingdom.
What is your explanation for Isaiah 11:8 if it is not to be taken as literal?

YOUR 'Heaven'. What can you tell us about it? ....and where did you get your information?
From statements appearing within religious texts that you are asserting here, are not to be taken literally? How weird.
Gnostic Bishop

Post by Gnostic Bishop »

Sheshbazzar wrote:

Literalism is foolish.

Regards
DL
So. Is YOUR imagined 'Heaven' literal and real? ...or is it only an imagined place? ....No one here knows, nor can say, other than you.

Will it be the eternal abode of thousands of billions of decapitated and resurrected zombie chickens?

Venomous snakes were evidently an accepted and continuing element in Isaiah's prophesied peaceful Kingdom.

YOUR 'Heaven'. What can you tell us about it? ....and where did you get your information?
From statements appearing within religious texts that you are asserting here, are not to be taken literally? How weird.
My information came from a personal experience for which I have no evidence. There is never any evidence when one suffers his apotheosis.

But this is where I may have gone. It is not possible to know for sure though. When inside of it, one cannot tell where the cosmic consciousness is. It has no eyes. Believe or not. No skin off my nose.

http://vimeo.com/26318064

Regards
DL
Sheshbazzar

Post by Sheshbazzar »

Gnostic Bishop wrote:
Sheshbazzar wrote:

Literalism is foolish.

Regards
DL

It is not possible to know for sure though.

Gnostic Bishop wrote:
My information came from a personal experience for which I have no evidence. There is never any evidence when one suffers his apotheosis.
Mmmm heh. Well then, What then is in the content or revelation of this supernaturally personally experience/received ''cosmic consciousness" attained 'information' of yours that is in any way edifying to others?

Did this private and privileged personal "'cosmic consciousness" experience of yours at all reveal to you what your after death 'Heaven' would be like?

You still haven't at all addressed the actual inquires that I made;
1.) Is YOUR imagined 'Heaven' literal and real? ...or is it only an imagined place? ....No one here knows, nor can say, other than you.

2.) Will it be the eternal abode of thousands of billions of decapitated and resurrected zombie chickens?
Your e-ticket to "cosmic consciousness'" ought to have made you aware of everything, everywhere. no?
Then you should know without a shadow of a doubt whether all the thousands of billions of decapitated and resurrected zombie chickens land up in your 'Heaven'.

3.) Of what use is your alleged ''cosmic consciousness" experience if it does not even give you an insight on what the statement of Isaiah 11:8 means if it is not literal?
Gnostic Bishop wrote: My information came from a personal experience for which I have no evidence. There is never any evidence when one suffers his apotheosis.
Not asking for evidence of your alleged "cosmic consciousness" 'experience', AM asking what you brought back from it that is of any substance, or of any edifying value to your fellow man. So far certainly seems nothing at all.

Still waiting.
Is the problem here that you don't know, or are not even certain of what it is that you think it is that you know, or that you think you "may" have 'personally experienced' yourself? Not very persuasive.

Whatever. Posting multiple youtube links is a extremely poor substitute for making clear concise personal statements regarding what you 'personally experienced', and what esoteric knowledge you claim to have accessed and gained thereby.

When you continue to provide nothing here of any substantial substance, there is no reason for anyone to believe that you experienced anything of any substantial substance, value, or attained to any substantial additional knowledge or understanding of anything.

Whatever it is that you think you may have attained in this 'personal experience', you are as yet failing miserably to convey the content of, or the usefulness of; "I had this "personal experience" without describing its content in some depth of detail, is not particularly enlightening or impressive.
But this is where I may have gone.

So you are admitting that even you don't know whether you went there or anywhere.
It is not possible to know for sure though.
Of course, if you didn't go you wouldn't know that for sure either would you.
When inside of it, one cannot tell where the cosmic consciousness is.
But you don't know, and are not certain whether you ever went there in the first place. Understandable why then, that you cannot tell.
It has no eyes.
How would you know? By your own admissions here, you don't even know for sure if you went, ever actually 'experienced', or were ever really 'inside it'. :roll:
Believe or not. No skin off my nose.
Unfortunately, for all of your words, you have as yet given nothing of any substance for us to believe.
...while giving us multiple clues that even you don't believe what you are peddling here yourself. tch tch.
Gnostic Bishop

Post by Gnostic Bishop »

Let me know if and when you have a question that does not include chickens.

Regards
DL
Sheshbazzar

Post by Sheshbazzar »

1.) Is YOUR imagined 'Heaven' literal and real? ...or is it only an imagined place? ....No one here knows, nor can say, other than you.

2.) Your "Cosmic Consciousness" is it literal and real, external to yourself? ...or a place/state existent only within your mind?

3.) Did your "Cosmic Consciousness" experience provide you anything that is of any benefit to your fellow man?
Gnostic Bishop

Post by Gnostic Bishop »

Sheshbazzar wrote:
It is real and this is where and what I think it might be. To be on my page you would need to believe that telepathy is real. If you do not then you will see my reply as woo.

http://vimeo.com/26318064
2.) Your "Cosmic Consciousness" is it literal and real, external to yourself? ...or a place/state existent only within your mind?
See above. Heaven as the cosmic consciousness is all there is other than the reality we have here on earth.

3.) Did your "Cosmic Consciousness" experience provide you anything that is of any benefit to your fellow man?
Yes. The Godhead confirmed my paradigm and knocked me out of my self-centered survival mode by chastising me to think more demographically. That has helped me understand the world a bit more and thus be able to help elevate the thinking of a few others.

Regards
DL