Religion connected to war

What do they believe? What do you think? Talk about religion as it exists today.
pfdjs

Religion connected to war

Post by pfdjs »

Hi I always wonder why religion often leeds to war. Just look what happens in Gaza right now.
A lot of innocent people dies in the name of god.. I wish there will be peace in the world and we all can live together no matter
of what faith we have.
Leucius Charinus

Re: Religion connected to war

Post by Leucius Charinus »

pfdjs wrote:Hi I always wonder why religion often leeds to war.
Let's see ....

1) Moses (or someone else?) the supreme warlord of Judea implements a centralised monotheistic state religion based on the holy writ of the Hebrew Bible.
2) Ardashir the supreme warlord of Sassanid Persia implements a centralised monotheistic state religion based on the holy writ of the Zoroastrian Avesta.
3) Constantine the supreme warlord of the Roman Empire implements a centralised monotheistic state religion based on the holy writ of the Greek NT Bible.
4) Muhammad the supreme warlord of the Islamic empire implements a centralised monotheistic state religion based on the holy writ of the Qu'ran.

QUESTION: I wonder why war in antiquity often lead to the establishment of centralised monotheistic state religions.

ANSWER: "War is a Racket" ---- US Marine Major General Smedley Butler ..... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_Is_a_Racket
A "cobbler of fables" [Augustine]; "Leucius is the disciple of the devil" [Decretum Gelasianum]; and his books "should be utterly swept away and burned" [Pope Leo I]; they are the "source and mother of all heresy" [Photius]
Gnostic Bishop

Post by Gnostic Bishop »

pfdjs wrote:Hi I always wonder why religion often leeds to war. Just look what happens in Gaza right now.
A lot of innocent people dies in the name of god.. I wish there will be peace in the world and we all can live together no matter
of what faith we have.
"Whoever imagines himself a favorite with God,
holds other people in contempt.
Whenever a man believes that he has the exact truth from God,
there is in that man no spirit of compromise.
He has not the modesty born of the imperfections of human nature;
he has the arrogance of theological certainty and the tyranny born of ignorant assurance.
Believing himself to be the slave of God,
he imitates his master,
and of all tyrants,
the worst is a slave in power."
--Robert Ingersoll

Regards
DL
Leucius Charinus

Post by Leucius Charinus »

Organised Religion is a racket, started by warlords.

http://www.ratical.org/ratville/CAH/war ... et.html#c1
CHAPTER ONE

War Is A Racket

WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives.

A racket is best described, I believe, as something that is not what it seems to the majority of the people. Only a small "inside" group knows what it is about. It is conducted for the benefit of the very few, at the expense of the very many. Out of war a few people make huge fortunes.
A "cobbler of fables" [Augustine]; "Leucius is the disciple of the devil" [Decretum Gelasianum]; and his books "should be utterly swept away and burned" [Pope Leo I]; they are the "source and mother of all heresy" [Photius]