How do you see our collective moral and ethical cup? Half full or overflowing with goodness?

What do they believe? What do you think? Talk about religion as it exists today.

Moderator: JoeWallack

Gnostic Bishop

How do you see our collective moral and ethical cup? Half full or overflowing with goodness?

Post by Gnostic Bishop »

Not to be a bean counter that ignores the evil that is still with us, but if I look strictly at the statistics for what I call the evil markers, crime, death by violence including war, poverty, poor health and education; I see them all at the best levels we have ever enjoyed.

This is in spite of the few places where the stats are backsliding, which ironically includes the U.S., a Christian nation; whose education level is going down, along with its moral sense.

I will let you find whatever stats you might be interested in and will only offer the stats spoken of, at the end of this link.
Richard Dawkins - Sex, Death and the Meaning of Life
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLulcfyqrc0

I see our cup running over in spite of the vile and immoral mainstream religions that we are maintaining, for God only knows why. We can thank all the gods that the religious are not walking their talk and are following more moral ways.

How do you see our collective moral and ethical cup? Half full; or overflowing with goodness?

Regards
DL
bbyrd009

Re: How do you see our collective moral and ethical cup? Half full or overflowing with goodness?

Post by bbyrd009 »

We live in a miracle, on a ship hurtling through space, and life is better today for every human by any measure you care to name. See morality index .com for more. The cost is maybe a diff subject :/
"No Son of Man may die for another's sins..." Ezekiel 18:20
Gnostic Bishop

Re: How do you see our collective moral and ethical cup? Half full or overflowing with goodness?

Post by Gnostic Bishop »

bbyrd009 wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:38 pm We live in a miracle, on a ship hurtling through space, and life is better today for every human by any measure you care to name. See morality index .com for more. The cost is maybe a diff subject :/
U C 20/20 on this one buddy.
Most people do not even though the stats are clear.

I see benefits. What costs are you thinking of?

Regards
DL
bbyrd009

Post by bbyrd009 »

Gnostic Bishop wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:51 pm
bbyrd009 wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:38 pm We live in a miracle, on a ship hurtling through space, and life is better today for every human by any measure you care to name. See morality index .com for more. The cost is maybe a diff subject :/

Regards
DL
CO2, oceans full of plastic, but i grant that these may end up being functionally irrelevant
Gnostic Bishop

Post by Gnostic Bishop »

bbyrd009 wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:05 am

Regards
DL
CO2, oceans full of plastic, but i grant that these may end up being functionally irrelevant
I agree. Time will tell.

If you are interested in the environment, Cowspiracy will open your eyes to what the worst polluter on the planet is. Our Holy Cows.

Even the environmentalists are afraid of browbeating the public with what they know as they fear losing funding by pissing too many Holy Cow lovers off. Those people want to blame everyuone but themselves and their own habits.

Regards
DL

Regards
DL
bbyrd009

Post by bbyrd009 »

Gnostic Bishop wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:32 pm
bbyrd009 wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:05 am

Regards
DL
I agree. Time will tell.

If you are interested in the environment, Cowspiracy will open your eyes to what the worst polluter on the planet is. Our Holy Cows.

Even the environmentalists are afraid of browbeating the public with what they know as they fear losing funding by pissing too many Holy Cow lovers off. Those people want to blame everyuone but themselves and their own habits.

Regards
DL

Regards
DL
imo God has no probs with a couple near-extinction events :D
ha prolly sounds callous...but epidemics serve a purpose I guess