Hurricane Florence and Pat Robertson

What do they believe? What do you think? Talk about religion as it exists today.

Moderator: JoeWallack

jude77

Hurricane Florence and Pat Robertson

Post by jude77 »

I'm sure everyone is aware of hurricane Florence, which, on Wednesday September 12, was a category 4 and expected to be a massive “storm of a lifetime”. What you may be less aware of is that on Monday, September 11, televangelist Pat Robertson prayed a “shield of protection” around the Virginia Beach area. Today, Thursday September 13, hurricane Florence has dropped to a category 2 and is headed away from Virginia Beach. So what caused the change in Florence? I feel confident that Rev. Robertson would declare it to be an act of God. Others, less inclined to faith, would probably see an unusual quirk of nature. And, therein, lies the issue. People of faith see God acting in strange and wonderful ways. People more empirically inclined see either coincidences or circumstances. In the Book of Exodus in the plagues that fell on Egypt Moses saw the hand of God while the Pharaoh saw the same plagues and only grew more skeptical. So, my question is, is there any event or occurrence that could convince you make the Kierkegaardian “leap of faith”, and accept the belief in a theistic deity?
John T

Re: Hurricane Florence and Pat Robertson

Post by John T »

The atheist/liberals will claim that the storm was diminished due to President Obama's anti-climate change initiatives. :lol:

There is no need to make a 'leap of faith' when you know the scientific evidence is on the side of the theist.

It is the atheist that is making a huge reckless leap of faith that God does not exist.
"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."...Jonathan Swift
jude77

Re: Hurricane Florence and Pat Robertson

Post by jude77 »

John T wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:50 am The atheist/liberals will claim that the storm was diminished due to President Obama's anti-climate change initiatives. :lol:
That was really funny! Thanks for the reply.