Would Jesus condemn or condone Yahweh for his crimes against humanity?

What do they believe? What do you think? Talk about religion as it exists today.

Moderator: JoeWallack

iskander

Re: Would Jesus condemn or condone Yahweh for his crimes against humanity?

Post by iskander »

iskander wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:34 pm It is the thinking man religion.

The Upanishads seem to be full of contradictions at first. They do not contain consistent system of thought. Sri Vyasa systematised the thoughts or philosophy of the Upanishads in his Brahma Sutras. The Sutras reconcile the conflicting
statements of the Upanishads. In reality there are no conflicts for the thinker.
But Chervakas do not like to think, apparentky.

This Sutra gives the view of the Charvakas or Lokayatikas (materialists) who deny the existence of an Atman different from the body. They say that consciousness is a mere material product and that the body is the soul.

They declare that consciousness is seen to exist only when there is a body and that it is nowhere experienced independent of the body. Therefore consciousness is only an attribute or quality of the body. There is no separate self or soul in this body.
iskander

Post by iskander »

iskander wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:59 pm Buddhism is not for me; I would never exchange my liberty for the tyranny of Karma.
But I like Ambedkar.

Gnostic Christians seem to be an obscure lot. I dislike them too .
But I like you.
“Jai Bhim!” is how Indian Buddhists greet each other. It means “Victory to Bhim”—the founder of their movement, Dr. Bhimrao Ramji Ambedkar.
Gnostic Bishop

Post by Gnostic Bishop »

iskander wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:59 pm Buddhism is not for me; I would never exchange my liberty for the tyranny of Karma.
But I like Ambedkar.

Gnostic Christians seem to be an obscure lot. I dislike them too .
But I like you.
Thanks buddy.

I have yet to meet a professed Gnostic Christian I did not get along with even when our views on things were not quite the same.

Mind you, there are not that many of us around so I am mostly talking of agnostics and other free thinkers, which strangely enough, does not include atheists. They are as locked into their beliefs even harder than believers, they are quite closed minded, which is fine, but they tend to be just as miserable to chat with as theists.

Regards
DL
Gnostic Bishop

Post by Gnostic Bishop »

iskander wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:43 pm

The Upanishads seem to be full of contradictions at first. They do not contain consistent system of thought. Sri Vyasa systematised the thoughts or philosophy of the Upanishads in his Brahma Sutras. The Sutras reconcile the conflicting
statements of the Upanishads. In reality there are no conflicts for the thinker.

This Sutra gives the view of the Charvakas or Lokayatikas (materialists) who deny the existence of an Atman different from the body. They say that consciousness is a mere material product and that the body is the soul.

They declare that consciousness is seen to exist only when there is a body and that it is nowhere experienced independent of the body. Therefore consciousness is only an attribute or quality of the body. There is no separate self or soul in this body.
Having experienced telepathy twice, including melding with what looked like a cosmic consciousness, I know that our thoughts can exist outside of the body while the body lives. I do not know if they can live when the body is not there to give energy to the sub atomic particles that carry or create the travelling thoughts. Noetic science might know more in the future.

I do not believe in the reincarnation type of existing consciousness outside of the body.

I also could not tell if what I found was the collective consciousness of the living as posited by the professor who created the god helmet, or if it was the consciousness of the dead. Finding it is hard to take.

Gnostic Christian Jesus said, "Those who seek should not stop seeking until they find. When they find, they will be disturbed. When they are disturbed, they will marvel, and will reign over all. [And after they have reigned they will rest.]"

I can attest to the truth of this quote up to the bolded part.

I am not 100% sure what the bolded part and reigning over all mean but think it has to do with how I think in moral and spiritual matters.

In a sense, it is a curse as that would mean that I will never lose and argument, and that means I will not learn anything new and will lose that great pleasure.

Bummer.

Regards
DL
Gnostic Bishop

Post by Gnostic Bishop »

Your knowledge of those books exceed mine by miles.

Regards
DL
Gnostic Bishop

Post by Gnostic Bishop »

iskander wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:32 pm
iskander wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:26 pm
Gnostic Bishop wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:30 am Caste systems, like homophobia and misogyny, are denigration and discrimination without a just cause.

G. D. religions are the worst.

Buddhism, like my religion put man above god and that is why they are superior to the revealed supernaturalstupid religions.

Regards
DL
The poor are unhappy even in America. Hinduism is a complex religion.
The Vedas are eternal. They were not written by any individual. They came out from the breath of Hiranyagarbha (Lord Brahma).

Vedanta is the end or gist of the Vedas. It deals with the knowledge portion. Vedanta is not mere speculation. It is the authentic record of transcendental experiences or direct and actual realisation of the great Hindu Rishis or seers.

Brahma Sutras is the Science of the Soul.
Brahma Sutras
by
Swami Sivananda
The Divine Life Society
Sivananda Ashram, Rishikesh, India
The entire object of the Brahma Sutras is to remove this erroneous identification of the Soul with the body which is the root cause of your sufferings and miseries, which is the product of Avidya (ignorance) and help you in the attainment of the final emancipation through knowledge of Brahman.

Knowledge is the liberator .
Much like Gnosis is to a Gnostic Christian.

Regards
DL
iskander

Post by iskander »

Gnostic Bishop wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:18 am
Gnostic Bishop wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:30 am Caste systems, like homophobia and misogyny, are denigration and discrimination without a just cause.

Buddhism, like my religion put man above god and that is why they are superior to the revealed supernaturalstupid religions.

Regards
DL
The Vedas are eternal. They were not written by any individual. They came out from the breath of Hiranyagarbha (Lord Brahma).

Vedanta is the end or gist of the Vedas. It deals with the knowledge portion. Vedanta is not mere speculation. It is the authentic record of transcendental experiences or direct and actual realisation of the great Hindu Rishis or seers.

Brahma Sutras
by
Swami Sivananda
The Divine Life Society
The entire object of the Brahma Sutras is to remove this erroneous identification of the Soul with the body which is the root cause of your sufferings and miseries, which is the product of Avidya (ignorance) and help you in the attainment of the final emancipation through knowledge of Brahman.

Regards
DL
"Knowledge is the liberator" is a clear and inspiring statement to those alumni with whom it resonates , but to me it is only the beginning of my enquiry.

My question is : knowledge of what , precisely?
iskander

Post by iskander »

Gnostic Bishop wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:17 am

Regards
DL
I don't think so.
It is the thinking man religion.
Does thinking about sacred scriptures merits this praise?
PS. I count myself amongst the charvakas.
iskander

Post by iskander »

Gnostic Bishop wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:15 am
iskander wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:43 pm

Having experienced telepathy twice, including melding with what looked like a cosmic consciousness, I know that our thoughts can exist outside of the body while the body lives. I do not know if they can live when the body is not there to give energy to the sub atomic particles that carry or create the travelling thoughts. Noetic science might know more in the future.

I do not believe in the reincarnation type of existing consciousness outside of the body.

I also could not tell if what I found was the collective consciousness of the living as posited by the professor who created the god helmet, or if it was the consciousness of the dead. Finding it is hard to take.

Gnostic Christian Jesus said, "Those who seek should not stop seeking until they find. When they find, they will be disturbed. When they are disturbed, they will marvel, and will reign over all. [And after they have reigned they will rest.]"

I can attest to the truth of this quote up to the bolded part.

I am not 100% sure what the bolded part and reigning over all mean but think it has to do with how I think in moral and spiritual matters.

In a sense, it is a curse as that would mean that I will never lose and argument, and that means I will not learn anything new and will lose that great pleasure.

Bummer.

Regards
DL
Yes , it is so indeed.
Thoughts may live in the bodies of others long after we have died, but this is probably not what you have in mind.
Telepathy is someting i have never given it a thought , but i am a good listener
Gnostic Bishop

Post by Gnostic Bishop »

iskander wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:18 am
Gnostic Bishop wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:18 am

Regards
DL

Brahma Sutras
by
Swami Sivananda
The Divine Life Society

Regards
DL
"Knowledge is the liberator" is a clear and inspiring statement to those alumni with whom it resonates , but to me it is only the beginning of my enquiry.

My question is : knowledge of what , precisely?
Knowledge is only information or data. It is a tool that we use to try to make us wise.

The tree of knowledge of good and evil is in fact the tree of all knowledge as all knowledge is subject to the adjectives good and evil.

It is like an all learning encompassing school.

Some leave school wise. Others not. Every mind is different and some, even with the same knowledge, will not become wise.

Regards
DL