Should we declare gods public enemy # 1.? Do you understand why we call immoral gods, “Gods”?

What do they believe? What do you think? Talk about religion as it exists today.

Moderator: JoeWallack

Gnostic Bishop

Should we declare gods public enemy # 1.? Do you understand why we call immoral gods, “Gods”?

Post by Gnostic Bishop »

Not all gods are immoral but our mainstream ones are definitely that.

God’s law, should he/she/it ever show up, --- is supposed to become earth’s law, imposed by force, --- as need be, --- and the religious way, --- instead of sound moral arguments.

God is demonstrably not moral.

One of the more important commandments to us is that of not killing humans. God kills humans.

I assume that that law would be high on our commandment list; commands to a slave from a master. Yet God exempts himself from that good law and does this evil will and kills humans.

That commandment is a subjective position and as I can think of a few instances where killing a human would be the moral thing to do. That commandment is thus immoral.

I do not think it’s a good idea to give an obviously and demonstrably immoral Gods respect but many theists do.

The power to make human laws should never be given to our immoral gods. Especially Yahweh and Allah, who I think are the bottom of the barrel on morals.

Human law seeks to be moral and humane and should never be putrefied by the immoral Gods that mankind has create in our image.

To do so would be insane.

So tell me please, --- fellow religionist and believers, --- something I do not understand.

Why you and I call our gods, “God”, --- when he is such an immoral character, --- fictional or not?

Are we such immoral entities ourselves? I am immoral. Are you?

Regards
DL

P.S. When you reply, I might have to do this to those who will not answer from the heart and try to use their holy book of myths and turn to preaching.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3O1_3zBUKM8
Remember also my fellow religionists and believers, all clergy of all faiths are liars. God himself told me this when he told me to think more demographically.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjRy29R4gP8
iskander

Re: Should we declare gods public enemy # 1.? Do you understand why we call immoral gods, “Gods”?

Post by iskander »

Men and women are the ones who make gods.e.g.:

Assembly agrees apology to gay people and accepts same sex marriage report
Published on 25 May, 2017

Principal Clerk Very Rev Dr John Chalmers, Very Rev Professor Iain Torrance, Rev Mike Goss and Rev Scott Rennie
The General Assembly of the Church of Scotland has approved an apology to gay people for the history of discrimination they have faced in the Church.
Commissioners also approved a report which could pave the way to allow some ministers to conduct same sex marriages in the future.

http://www.churchofscotland.org.uk/news ... _marriages
Gnostic Bishop

Re: Should we declare gods public enemy # 1.? Do you understand why we call immoral gods, “Gods”?

Post by Gnostic Bishop »

iskander wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:18 pm
I agree.

Regards
DL
iskander

Post by iskander »

Gnostic Bishop wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:19 am
I agree.

Regards
DL
:cheers:

A problem for Gnostic Bishop : Given that gods are designed by humans, explain the likely origin of Christianity as new god .
Interested?
Gnostic Bishop

Post by Gnostic Bishop »

iskander wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:56 am
Gnostic Bishop wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:19 am
I agree.

Regards
DL
:cheers:

A problem for Gnostic Bishop : Given that gods are designed by humans, explain the likely origin of Christianity as new god .
Interested?
Simple. They stole the Chrestian man/god notion from them and turned that good man ideology into a good god ideology while ignoring the fact that Yahweh is a genocidal son murdering prick.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p ... At-PAkgqls

As usual, the church wanted to be the go between between god and man so that they could take their share of the cash that fools will give them to be saved.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_bvGTc6SM8

Inquisitions burned so many of the old documentation that I may never be able to prove this beyond a doubt but historically, Christian plagiarism can be shown without a doubt.

Regards
DL
iskander

Post by iskander »

Simple. They stole the Chrestian man/god notion from them and turned that good man ideology into a good god ideology while ignoring the fact that Yahweh is a genocidal son murdering prick.

As usual, the church wanted to be the go between between god and man so that they could take their share of the cash that fools will give them to be saved.

Inquisitions burned so many of the old documentation that I may never be able to prove this beyond a doubt but historically, Christian plagiarism can be shown without a doubt.

Regards
DL
Yes, but who would love such a god?

A new god would only have a chance to succeed if its design answered the need felt by people who were alive then and also likely to satisfy the people yet to be born.

A new god would have to offer hope as political radical theories offer hope to people who live in despair -- despairing societies are prone to believe that profound changes for the better are within their reach if only if... . The French Revolution, the Bolshevik Revolution and the Reformation were some of those people caught in the teeth of hope.
Gnostic Bishop

Post by Gnostic Bishop »

iskander wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:19 pm

Regards
DL

A new god would only have a chance to succeed if its design answered the need felt by people who were alive then and also likely to satisfy the people yet to be born.

A new god would have to offer hope as political radical theories offer hope to people who live in despair -- despairing societies are prone to believe that profound changes for the better are within their reach if only if... . The French Revolution, the Bolshevik Revolution and the Reformation were some of those people caught in the teeth of hope.
If a god cannot be emulated, like supernatural gods, then they are not worth spit.

Note how the revolutionists fought for ideas and ideals, not some fantasy garbage god.

Regards
DL
iskander

Post by iskander »

Gnostic Bishop wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 2:01 pm

Regards
DL

If a god cannot be emulated, like supernatural gods, then they are not worth spit.

Note how the revolutionists fought for ideas and ideals, not some fantasy garbage god.

Regards
DL
Any successful god has to meet the expectations of the people who will have to fight and suffer in order to get results and this struggle also involves a battle of ideas as all political conflicts demand if they are to succeed in changing anything at all.

Jesus (to make it personal) was one of the leaders of a society inventing hope to overcome the inertial mass of the past and he succeeded in transforming society. The kingdom of god meant nothing more than the liberating intervention
of god in the history of Israel. Hope is a force for change, but the result never replicates the utopia of the blueprint.

So, how was Jesus made god?
Gnostic Bishop

Post by Gnostic Bishop »

iskander wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 2:23 pm

Regards
DL

Regards
DL
Any successful god has to meet the expectations of the people who will have to fight and suffer in order to get results and this struggle also involves a battle of ideas as all political conflicts demand if they are to succeed in changing anything at all.

Jesus (to make it personal) was one of the leaders of a society inventing hope to overcome the inertial mass of the past and he succeeded in transforming society. The kingdom of god meant nothing more than the liberating intervention
of god in the history of Israel. Hope is a force for change, but the result never replicates the utopia of the blueprint.

Jesus changed nothing.

We had 3,000 years of religions at war before him and have had 2,000 years of religious wars since.

What change do you see, and no our law is based on Judeo Christian law, please. That is garbage and you know it, most likely.

Regards
DL
iskander

Post by iskander »

Gnostic Bishop wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 2:46 pm
iskander wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 2:23 pm

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

Jesus changed nothing.

We had 3,000 years of religions at war before him and have had 2,000 years of religious wars since.

What change do you see, and no our law is based on Judeo Christian law, please. That is garbage and you know it, most likely.

Regards
DL
What changes do I see? Jesus did not make himself a god . He suggested changes in the Judaism of his time but nothing more. As an example of the evolution of ideas in the political field I offer Karl Marx and Vladimir Lenin in the history of Marxism.
Marx offered the possibility of change with no results and later Lenin become the motor of change. Jesus offered the possibility of change with no results and later some group become the motor of change.
It is late in the UK and my wife wants me to sleep. We will continue tomorrow if you wish.