Should we declare gods public enemy # 1.? Do you understand why we call immoral gods, “Gods”?

What do they believe? What do you think? Talk about religion as it exists today.

Moderator: JoeWallack

Gnostic Bishop

Re: Should we declare gods public enemy # 1.? Do you understand why we call immoral gods, “Gods”?

Post by Gnostic Bishop »

iskander wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 3:10 pm

What changes do I see? Jesus did not make himself a god . He suggested changes in the Judaism of his time but nothing more. As an example of the evolution of ideas in the political field I offer Karl Marx and Vladimir Lenin in the history of Marxism.
Marx offered the possibility of change with no results and later Lenin become the motor of change. Jesus offered the possibility of change with no results and later some group become the motor of change.
It is late in the UK and my wife wants me to sleep. We will continue tomorrow if you wish.
Jesus did make himself a god but his type of god was not what the church wanted. They wanted slaves, to an imaginary supernatural god and not free thinking gods like one of the Jesus' was. He was a Gnostic Christian god.

Regards
DL
iskander

Re: Should we declare gods public enemy # 1.? Do you understand why we call immoral gods, “Gods”?

Post by iskander »

Gnostic Bishop wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 3:16 pm
iskander wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 3:10 pm

What changes do I see? Jesus did not make himself a god . He suggested changes in the Judaism of his time but nothing more. As an example of the evolution of ideas in the political field I offer Karl Marx and Vladimir Lenin in the history of Marxism.
Marx offered the possibility of change with no results and later Lenin become the motor of change. Jesus offered the possibility of change with no results and later some group become the motor of change.
It is late in the UK and my wife wants me to sleep. We will continue tomorrow if you wish.
Jesus did make himself a god but his type of god was not what the church wanted. They wanted slaves, to an imaginary supernatural god and not free thinking gods like one of the Jesus' was. He was a Gnostic Christian god.

Regards
DL
It was the council of Nicaea which made Jesus into a new god
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3445&p=75508&hilit=hanson#p75508

Christians continued to oppose the Trinitarians 'heretics' long after Nicaea.But why were the innovators successful?
hanson 1.PNG
hanson 1.PNG (116.14 KiB) Viewed 18273 times
Gnostic Bishop

Post by Gnostic Bishop »

The Trinity concept is a stupid expression of the godhead and it is not surprising that it had to be forced down Christianity's throat.

Thinkers reject it out of hand.

Regards
DL
iskander

Post by iskander »

Gnostic Bishop wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:27 am The Trinity concept is a stupid expression of the godhead and it is not surprising that it had to be forced down Christianity's throat.

Regards
DL
The Trinity is only one way of designing god and that alone is no more difficult to understand than other religious ' revelations'. The trinity does not bother me in the least.

In the Christianity we know today, God takes human form to suffer and die at the hands of humans in order to save them from eternal suffering! It is this strange theme of salvation from eternal suffering for no other reason that anyone has been born what I want to consider. Why salvation?
Gnostic Bishop

Post by Gnostic Bishop »

iskander wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:16 pm
Gnostic Bishop wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:27 am The Trinity concept is a stupid expression of the godhead and it is not surprising that it had to be forced down Christianity's throat.

Regards
DL
The Trinity is only one way of designing god and that alone is no more difficult to understand than other religious ' revelations'. The trinity does not bother me in the least.

In the Christianity we know today, God takes human form to suffer and die at the hands of humans in order to save them from eternal suffering! It is this strange theme of salvation from eternal suffering for no other reason that anyone has been born what I want to consider. Why salvation?
Salvation is the profit and cash making solution to lying clergy for the false guilt that they create by saying that a god who makes all things perfect, screwed up and can only be appeased by cash.

You could say, if you were an honest theist, is that salvation is god's way of hiding his mistakes at the end of days.

He would have to save all though as he cannot be seen as screwing up just a few times.

This, of course, goes against the bible which says that most of us are garbage and will end in hell and death, while just a few will end in heaven.

Regards
DL
iskander

Post by iskander »

Gnostic Bishop wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:20 am

Regards
DL

Salvation is the profit and cash making solution to lying clergy for the false guilt that they create by saying that a god who makes all things perfect, screwed up and can only be appeased by cash.

You could say, if you were an honest theist, is that salvation is god's way of hiding his mistakes at the end of days.

He would have to save all though as he cannot be seen as screwing up just a few times.

This, of course, goes against the bible which says that most of us are garbage and will end in hell and death, while just a few will end in heaven.

Regards
DL
Yes, all professional religious people in charge of religious organizations make similar claims. They assert to have the god-like power to decide who deserves to be punished in life and in death and the power to reward the obedient one with happiness in life and in death.

But whence did this wondrous magic art arise?

The RCC article 433 traces back its origin to the Mosaic religion:
433 The name of the Savior God was invoked only once in the year by the high priest in atonement for the sins of Israel, after he had sprinkled the mercy seat in the Holy of Holies with the sacrificial blood.
The mercy seat was the place of God's presence.25 When St. Paul speaks of Jesus whom "God put forward as an expiation by his blood", he means that in Christ's humanity "God was in Christ reconciling the world to himself."26
26 Rom 3:25; 2 Cor 5:19
http://www.vatican.va/archive/ccc_css/a ... s2c2a2.htm

What say you
iskander

Post by iskander »

How far back can we go?

iskander
Re: passover and blood
Post by iskander » Tue May 10, 2016 9:50 am
Garon wrote:" The blood marked the Hebrew houses and apartments so the candy men, yep poison candy was given to the first born male human at every address without blood around the door. Then all the first born male cattle, fish, birds, cats, dogs. The Candy Men were also Veterinarians, they could tell the genders of every pet and beast of the field and gave them the poison candy accordingly.

Or it's just another campfire story. LOL"

It is only an imitation of an earlier pagan religion.

The paschal sacrifice involves several rites that are avowedly apotropaic in nature. A pagan substratum is clearly present even if it cannot be reconstructed with certainty .The paschal offering is made on the night of a full moon of the first month. Originally it seems to have been connected with the sacrifice of human and animal firstborn, perhaps to the moon-god.

The ancient conception presumably contained the image of a bloodthirsty demon who ravaged until the morning. For protection some of the sacrificial blood was daubed with a hyssop on the lintel and doorposts. Blood was also , it seems, placed on the hand and between the eyes ( the " signs " and the " frontlets " ).

The Religion of Israel
Yehazkel Kaufmann translated and abridged by Moshe Greenberg
Sefer Ve Sefel Publishing, Jerusalem, 2003
ISBN 9657287022
Page 115

The sacrifice assumed in Israel an entirely altered form. The destroyer became, instead of the demon, YHWH, and that night was declared to have been a unique event performed for the liberation of Israelites.
In some traditions, YHWH is the destroyer of Isaac whose sacrificial blood is seen daubed on the doorposts of the Israelites .It is the blood of the paschal sacrifice of Isaac that which brings salvation from death to the occupants of those houses .
Pagans infected the mind of the Israelites and them in turn infected the ambition of the Papists.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2382&p=52874&hilit=hyssop#p52874
Gnostic Bishop

Post by Gnostic Bishop »

iskander wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:37 am
Gnostic Bishop wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:20 am

Regards
DL

Regards
DL
Yes, all professional religious people in charge of religious organizations make similar claims. They assert to have the god-like power to decide who deserves to be punished in life and in death and the power to reward the obedient one with happiness in life and in death.

But whence did this wondrous magic art arise?

The RCC article 433 traces back its origin to the Mosaic religion:
433 The name of the Savior God was invoked only once in the year by the high priest in atonement for the sins of Israel, after he had sprinkled the mercy seat in the Holy of Holies with the sacrificial blood.
The mercy seat was the place of God's presence.25 When St. Paul speaks of Jesus whom "God put forward as an expiation by his blood", he means that in Christ's humanity "God was in Christ reconciling the world to himself."26
26 Rom 3:25; 2 Cor 5:19
http://www.vatican.va/archive/ccc_css/a ... s2c2a2.htm

What say you
Supernatural garbage.

Jews do not base their ideology on barbaric human sacrifice, the way Christianity does, as it continues to corrupt the original and superior Jewish ideology by reversing much of what the Jews believe.

Jews strive for and against god, Cjristians are idol worshipers of a genocidal son murdering prick. Quite the difference that.

Regards
DL
iskander

Post by iskander »

Gods, -everyone of them is an idol.
Who is your God?
Gnostic Bishop

Post by Gnostic Bishop »

iskander wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:38 am Gods-everyone of them -is an idol.
Who is your God?
The name of the only God I can ever know is given when Gnostic Christians name their god I am.

I think I might have shown you this before.

Modern Gnostic Christians name our god "I am", and yes, we do mean ourselves.

You are your controller. I am mine. You represent and present whatever mind picture you have of your God or ideal human, and so do I.

The name "I Am" you might see as meaning something like, --- I think I have grown up thanks to having forced my apotheosis through Gnosis and meditation.

In Gnostic Christianity, we follow the Christian tradition that lazy Christians have forgotten that they are to do. That is, become brethren to Jesus.

That is why some say that the only good Christian is a Gnostic Christian.

Here is the real way to salvation that Jesus taught.

Matthew 6:22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

Allan Watts explain those quotes in detail.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alRNbes ... r_embedded

Joseph Campbell shows the same esoteric ecumenist idea in this link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGx4IlppSgU

The bible just plainly says to put away the things of children. The supernatural and literal reading of myths.

Regards
DL