Book review of Gilad Atzmon's The Wandering Who?

What do they believe? What do you think? Talk about religion as it exists today.

Moderator: JoeWallack

neilgodfrey

Re: Book review of Gilad Atzmon's The Wandering Who?

Post by neilgodfrey »

vridar.org Musings on biblical studies, politics, religion, ethics, human nature, tidbits from science
JoeWallack

Tracking Atzmon Antisemitism

Post by JoeWallack »

JW:

Date of Post Description of Event Injured Party Claimed Responsible Party Level of Belief Reason for Belief
4-21-18 Which category of Jews are guilty of crimes Victims of Jewish crimes Jews who identify as Jews Conclusion Antisemitism
4-20-18 Alleged chemical weapons attack in Syria Disputed if anyone was injured The White Helmets NGO. Atzmon claims they staged fake evidence for a chemical weapons attack. Conclusion Russian produced video

Following Atmon's blog now I can see that he is just a media "character" like Alex Jones or The Sheik from WWF. His unreasonable criticism of Jews/Zionists/Israel is actually hurting the Palestinian cause (which even they have recognized). I have faith that he will eventually write wondering if he himself is an Israeli spy, without realizing it, because that is just the sort of false flag the Mossad is famous for. In the meantime I'll start tracking his antisemitic posts. Every individual post is antisemitic by itself to some extent but certainly in total, with every post being negatively obsessed with Jews/Zionists/Israel he is an antisemite in general and if someone doesn't think so that says more about them than it does about Atzmon.

Joseph

The Combination of Extreme Criticism of Israel & Avoidance of Criticism of Palestinian Terrorism
neilgodfrey

Post by neilgodfrey »

do you really think anyone is reading your OCD posts, Joe? I'm certainly not. I just see some more print in a blur by Joe once a month when I look down at this part of the forum and think, you really do have a bad case of a very unhealthy OCD. Even sadder, you probably think this comment is proof that you are somehow making your point.
vridar.org Musings on biblical studies, politics, religion, ethics, human nature, tidbits from science
JoeWallack

Chicken Fisking

Post by JoeWallack »

neilgodfrey wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:58 pm do you really think anyone is reading your OCD posts, Joe?
He says as the views go over 10,000.

[troll confession]
I'm certainly not.
[/troll confession]. This from someone who constantly accuses/censors people at his site of trolling for supposedly not dealing with the topic or answering a question.
I just see some more print in a blur by Joe once a month when I look down at this part of the forum and think, you really do have a bad case of a very unhealthy OCD. Even sadder, you probably think this comment is proof that you are somehow making your point.
This reminds me of The Boy from New York City, Richard Jeni, when he was doing stand-up comedy down under and making fun of the locals when inevitably someone would stand up and say, "Ya'll probably think we're just a bunch of red-necked wankers and tossers hicks". How do you respond to that?

I've been Fisking (your recent channeling of Fisk douma/Doumshit says it all. Immediately debunked by Snopes. I recommend you leave it up though as a testament to your credibility) the fatwa out of Atzmon here and you can't even answer a simple question of whether specific statements are antisemitic.

I got your Fisk attitude at the start. Pick the underdog and than only criticize their enemy. Be an advocate but pretend to be a judge. The problem is by doing this you lose your and their credibility. Now you think Assad, Putin and Abbas are credible. So you've lost your credibility because of the Israeli/Arab issue. Now you have no credibility as an atheist. Thanks Godfree. You think the Australian atheists hate you because of Israel/Zionists/Jews. Maybe there's a different reason.

The ironic thing here is you are not helping the Palestinians by giving them a pass on Terrorism. It's the only reason they don't have their own country. Likewise Atzmon's blatant antisemitism. An interesting comparison to Atzmon would be Palestinian Media Watch which like Atzmon is an advocate group but on the other side. A good article for you would be to consider the differences between the two. In the meantime someone's going to die in a terrorist attack because of chicken shit Atzmon.

I suppose I could report you as a troll here to Peter, that's what you would do. But why should I? Keep talking, you're doing great. Atzmon not so great. He sits on his fat abbass blowing air and eating Chicken KieLev while inciting more terrorist attacks and security measures.

Joseph

The New Porphyry
matzoh1234

Post by matzoh1234 »

Oy vay my dear Godfree, as your compatriot Rod Laver used to say “game, set, and match”. Thanks for playing, and do keep us informed when the GAGA (Godfree-Atzmon) tour hits the road.
Of course, Putz should be ascribed whenever referring to Atzmon, but the acronym pushed back.
JoeWallack

Jerusalemites vs. Anti-Jerusalemites

Post by JoeWallack »

matzoh1234 wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:06 am Oy vay my dear Godfree, as your compatriot Rod Laver used to say “game, set, and match”. Thanks for playing, and do keep us informed when the GAGA (Godfree-Atzmon) tour hits the road.
Of course, Putz should be ascribed whenever referring to Atzmon, but the acronym pushed back.
JW:
For those of you who would like to catch more of "The Angry Antisemite's" act, Gilad Atzmon will be appearing all week on top of the Grenfell Tower with a high powered megaphone, "Who do we hate! The ZioBet! Who do we hate! The ZioBet!"

Joseph

The New Porphyry
neilgodfrey

Post by neilgodfrey »

10000? wow. spam is a problem, isn't it. (or does that measure how many times you've clicked back to check if anyone has bothered to take you seriously? or how many aliases you use?)

Meanwhile, just to demonstrate the depths of my antisemitism here are two of my favourite things I really love and fully support and wish all the world would come to embrace:

Imagine an Israeli PM wakes up one sunny morning with the unusual determination to bring about true peace. In the wee small hours, wisdom embraces him or her. He or she realises that Israel is in fact Palestine: it is stretched over historic Palestine at the expense of the Palestinian people, their livelihood and their history. He or she grasps that the Palestinians are the indigenous people of the land, and the rockets they shoot from time to time are nothing but love letters to their stolen villages, orchards, vineyards and fields. Our imaginary Israeli PM realises that the so-called Israeli-Palestinian conflict can be resolved in 25 minutes once both people decide to live together. Following the Israeli unilateral tradition, an immediate televised press conference is called on the same day at 14:00. Captivated by true righteousness, the PM announces to the world and his/her people ‘Israel realises its unique circumstances and its responsibility for world peace. Israel calls the Palestinian people to return to their homes. The Jewish state is to become a state of its citizens, where all people enjoy full equal rights’.

Though shocked by the sudden Israeli move, political analysts around the world would be quick to realise that, considering Israel is the representative of world Jewry, such a simple peaceful initiative won’t just resolve the conflict in the Middle East, it would also bring to an end two millennia of mutual suspicion and resentfulness between Christians and Jews. Some right-wing Israeli academics, ideologists and politicians join the revolutionary initiative and declare that such a heroic unilateral Israeli act could be the one and only total and comprehensive fulfilment of the Zionist dream, for not only have Jews returned to their alleged historical home, they also have managed, at last, to love their neighbours and be loved in return.

As much as such an idea is thrilling, we shouldn’t expect it to happen any time soon, for Israel is the Jewish state and Jewishness is an ethno-centric ideology driven by exclusiveness, exceptionalism, racial supremacy and a deep inherent inclination toward segregation.

For Israel and Israelis to become people like other people, all traces of Jewish ideological superiority must be eliminated first. For the Jewish state to lead a peace initiative, Israel must be de-Zionised – it should first stop being the Jewish State. Similarly, in order for an imaginary Israeli PM to bring peace about, he or she must be de-Zionised first.

As things stand, the Jewish State is categorically unable to lead the region into reconciliation. It lacks the necessary ingredients needed to think in terms of harmony and reconciliation.

The only people who can bring peace about are the Palestinians, because Palestine, against all odds and in spite of the endless suffering, humiliation and oppression, is still an ethically-driven ecumenical society.

As far as Jews are concerned, a few questions remain. Can the Jewish identity discourse be liberated from its self-imposed ideological and spiritual tyranny? Can Jewish politics drift away from supremacy? Can Jews save themselves? My answer is simple: for Jewish ideology to universalise itself and for Jews to move on and emancipate themselves, a vigorous and honest process of self-reflection must take place. Whether Jews can engage in such a critical endeavour is an open question. I don’t know the answer, I guess that some can, others can’t. I would hope, though, that this book may offer a fairly good start.
The Wandering Who, pages 187-189

Joe, Love Thy Neighbour -- even your anti Zionist Jewish brethren. You will feel a great load off your shoulders as the hate leaves you.

Sadly, Joe, I think even the above two of my favourite things will be enough to bring you to froth at the mouth and gnash your teeth with a wish to condemn all Arabs as somehow less than human and anyone who who supports humanity above all else.
JoeWallack

Z Is For AntiZemitism. The Government is Afraid of Antisemites. Antisemites Should be Afraid of the Government

Post by JoeWallack »

JW:

Date of Post Description of Event Injured Party Claimed Responsible Party Level of Belief Reason for Belief
4-22-18 Historical persecution of Jews by non-Jews Jews Jews Conclusion Portman refused to accept award in Israel
4-21-18 Which category of Jews are guilty of crimes Victims of Jewish crimes Jews who identify as Jews Conclusion Antisemitism
4-20-18 Alleged chemical weapons attack in Syria Disputed if anyone was injured The White Helmets NGO. Atzmon claims they staged fake evidence for a chemical weapons attack. Conclusion Russian produced video

Following Atmon's blog now I can see that he is just a media "character" like Alex Jones or The Sheik from WWF. His unreasonable criticism of Jews/Zionists/Israel is actually hurting the Palestinian cause (which even they have recognized). I have faith that he will eventually write wondering if he himself is an Israeli spy, without realizing it, because that is just the sort of false flag the Mossad is famous for. In the meantime I'll start tracking his antisemitic posts. Every individual post is antisemitic by itself to some extent but certainly in total, with every post being negatively obsessed with Jews/Zionists/Israel he is an antisemite in general and if someone doesn't think so that says more about them than it does about Atzmon.

Joseph

The Combination of Extreme Criticism of Israel & Avoidance of Criticism of Palestinian Terrorism
John T

Post by John T »

"The New York Times made what some observers are calling the “correction of the year” in admitting the Palestinian Authority does, in fact, pay terrorists’ families."...breitbart

http://www.breitbart.com/big-journalism ... -families/

Say it isn't so Neil, say it isn't so. :cry:
"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."...Jonathan Swift
neilgodfrey

Post by neilgodfrey »

John T wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:07 pm "The New York Times made what some observers are calling the “correction of the year” in admitting the Palestinian Authority does, in fact, pay terrorists’ families."...breitbart

http://www.breitbart.com/big-journalism ... -families/

Say it isn't so Neil, say it isn't so. :cry:
I have read many books on the Palestinians, including ones focusing on Hamas and the Palestinian Authority, and Arab governments in the Middle East, and have long been aware of the financial support that is given by various groups families of those who have lost children as suicide bombers. (That you seem to have just discovered this information and that you needed Breitbart to eventually inform you of it tells me that you are very ignorant of the situation in Palestine.)

Now tell me, John T, what does that fact have to do with slanderous accusations that I am an antisemite or that I somehow approve of suicide bombing and any other form of terrorism, including state terrorism?

Tell me, John T, how that fact you seem to have just discovered somehow undoes the thoughts of the video I posted above and the extract from the last pages of Atzmon's Wandering book?