Book review of Gilad Atzmon's The Wandering Who?

What do they believe? What do you think? Talk about religion as it exists today.

Moderator: JoeWallack

JoeWallack

Z Is For AntiZemitism. The Government is Afraid of Antisemites. Antisemites Should be Afraid of the Government

Post by JoeWallack »

JW:

Date of Post Description of Event Injured Party Claimed Responsible Party Level of Belief Reason for Belief
4-24-18 Crimes against non-Jews by Jews Non-Jews Jews Conclusion Increase in crime against Jews
4-22-18 Historical persecution of Jews by non-Jews Jews Jews Conclusion Portman refused to accept award in Israel
4-21-18 Which category of Jews are guilty of crimes Victims of Jewish crimes Jews who identify as Jews Conclusion Antisemitism
4-20-18 Alleged chemical weapons attack in Syria Disputed if anyone was injured The White Helmets NGO. Atzmon claims they staged fake evidence for a chemical weapons attack. Conclusion Russian produced video

Following Atmon's blog now I can see that he is just a media "character" like Alex Jones or The Sheik from WWF. His unreasonable criticism of Jews/Zionists/Israel is actually hurting the Palestinian cause (which even they have recognized). I have faith that he will eventually write wondering if he himself is an Israeli spy, without realizing it, because that is just the sort of false flag the Mossad is famous for. In the meantime I'll start tracking his antisemitic posts. Every individual post is antisemitic by itself to some extent but certainly in total, with every post being negatively obsessed with Jews/Zionists/Israel he is an antisemite in general and if someone doesn't think so that says more about them than it does about Atzmon.

Joseph

The Combination of Extreme Criticism of Israel & Avoidance of Criticism of Palestinian Terrorism
John T

Re: Book review of Gilad Atzmon's The Wandering Who?

Post by John T »

neilgodfrey wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:48 pm Now tell me, John T, what does that fact have to do with slanderous accusations that I am an antisemite or that I somehow approve of suicide bombing and any other form of terrorism, including state terrorism?
Please see your own posts on your own blog. :facepalm:
Now go run to Peter and whine that it ain't fair that your own words on your own blog can be used against you on this forum.
"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."...Jonathan Swift
neilgodfrey

Post by neilgodfrey »

John T wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:03 pm
neilgodfrey wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:48 pm Now tell me, John T, what does that fact have to do with slanderous accusations that I am an antisemite or that I somehow approve of suicide bombing and any other form of terrorism, including state terrorism?
Please see your own posts on your own blog. :facepalm:
Now go run to Peter and whine that it ain't fair that your own words on your own blog can be used against you on this forum.
So knowing that families whose children have died as terrorists have been given financial assistance is not evidence that I support terrorism or that I am antisemitic at all, is it, John T. So be good enough to apologize for and remove your filthy slander.

You and Joe seem to believe that unless I express hatred of Arabs and demonstrate a virulent racist attitudes towards all Palestinians, posting only what incites hatred against them, unless I do all of that, then I must "hate Jews". Get real.

Imagine an Israeli PM wakes up one sunny morning with the unusual determination to bring about true peace. In the wee small hours, wisdom embraces him or her. He or she realises that Israel is in fact Palestine: it is stretched over historic Palestine at the expense of the Palestinian people, their livelihood and their history. He or she grasps that the Palestinians are the indigenous people of the land, and the rockets they shoot from time to time are nothing but love letters to their stolen villages, orchards, vineyards and fields. Our imaginary Israeli PM realises that the so-called Israeli-Palestinian conflict can be resolved in 25 minutes once both people decide to live together. Following the Israeli unilateral tradition, an immediate televised press conference is called on the same day at 14:00. Captivated by true righteousness, the PM announces to the world and his/her people ‘Israel realises its unique circumstances and its responsibility for world peace. Israel calls the Palestinian people to return to their homes. The Jewish state is to become a state of its citizens, where all people enjoy full equal rights’.

Though shocked by the sudden Israeli move, political analysts around the world would be quick to realise that, considering Israel is the representative of world Jewry, such a simple peaceful initiative won’t just resolve the conflict in the Middle East, it would also bring to an end two millennia of mutual suspicion and resentfulness between Christians and Jews. Some right-wing Israeli academics, ideologists and politicians join the revolutionary initiative and declare that such a heroic unilateral Israeli act could be the one and only total and comprehensive fulfilment of the Zionist dream, for not only have Jews returned to their alleged historical home, they also have managed, at last, to love their neighbours and be loved in return.

As much as such an idea is thrilling, we shouldn’t expect it to happen any time soon, for Israel is the Jewish state and Jewishness is an ethno-centric ideology driven by exclusiveness, exceptionalism, racial supremacy and a deep inherent inclination toward segregation.

For Israel and Israelis to become people like other people, all traces of Jewish ideological superiority must be eliminated first. For the Jewish state to lead a peace initiative, Israel must be de-Zionised – it should first stop being the Jewish State. Similarly, in order for an imaginary Israeli PM to bring peace about, he or she must be de-Zionised first.

As things stand, the Jewish State is categorically unable to lead the region into reconciliation. It lacks the necessary ingredients needed to think in terms of harmony and reconciliation.

The only people who can bring peace about are the Palestinians, because Palestine, against all odds and in spite of the endless suffering, humiliation and oppression, is still an ethically-driven ecumenical society.

As far as Jews are concerned, a few questions remain. Can the Jewish identity discourse be liberated from its self-imposed ideological and spiritual tyranny? Can Jewish politics drift away from supremacy? Can Jews save themselves? My answer is simple: for Jewish ideology to universalise itself and for Jews to move on and emancipate themselves, a vigorous and honest process of self-reflection must take place. Whether Jews can engage in such a critical endeavour is an open question. I don’t know the answer, I guess that some can, others can’t. I would hope, though, that this book may offer a fairly good start.
The Wandering Who, pages 187-189
vridar.org Musings on biblical studies, politics, religion, ethics, human nature, tidbits from science
neilgodfrey

Post by neilgodfrey »

The shocking, ugly, hideous face of "antisemitism": http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-04-28/i ... ny/9706710

Count how many words in that news story that relate to tribalism. That's exactly what Atzmon is addressing and what Joe and John T are demonstrating in their trivializing what real antisemitism actually is.
vridar.org Musings on biblical studies, politics, religion, ethics, human nature, tidbits from science
John T

Post by John T »

neilgodfrey wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:36 pm
You and Joe seem to believe that unless I express hatred of Arabs and demonstrate a virulent racist attitudes towards all Palestinians, posting only what incites hatred against them, unless I do all of that, then I must "hate Jews". Get real.

Me thinks Neil doth protest too much.

https://vridar.org/2011/07/01/understan ... -semitism/
"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."...Jonathan Swift
JoeWallack

Z Is For AntiZemitism. The Government is Afraid of Antisemites. Antisemites Should be Afraid of the Government

Post by JoeWallack »

JW:

I've added titles here of Atzmon's blatant antisemitic posts because his titles often EXPAND the level of antisemitism making a broader, more misleading antisemitic claim than just the article itself. You can see the same phenomeana at Godfree's blog Expulsion of the Palestinians, Part 11. The title itself explicitly and simply claims "The Palestinians" were expelled. The book Godfree actually refers to limits the charge to supposed Zionist political thought, which is dishonest by itself as Israel never had a policy of "expelling the Palestinians", and hypocritical as the Palestinians and every surrounding Arab country did in fact have a policy of expelling all the Jews and the Arab countries did expel all their Jews.

Date of Post Title of Post Description of Event Injured Party Claimed Responsible Party Level of Belief Reason for Belief Commentary
4-24-18 - Crimes against non-Jews by Jews Non-Jews Jews Conclusion Increase in crime against Jews -
4-22-18 - Historical persecution of Jews by non-Jews Jews Jews Conclusion Portman refused to accept award in Israel -
4-21-18 - Which category of Jews are guilty of crimes Victims of Jewish crimes Jews who identify as Jews Conclusion Antisemitism -
4-20-18 Syrian Boy in White Helmets FAKE Chemical Attack Video Reveals the Truth - How many Ziocon immoral interventionist wars are going to be launched before the penny drops? Alleged chemical weapons attack in Syria Disputed if anyone was injured The White Helmets NGO. Atzmon claims they staged fake evidence for a chemical weapons attack. Conclusion Russian produced video Here Atzmon makes the antisemitic claim that the Syria Civil War is Israel's fault, "Ziocon immoral interventionist war". Actually the main interventionist is Iran which literally intervened as an ally of Syria and turned the War in Syria's favor. Israel's main interest here is to keep its arch-enemy Iran away because as they say, "Don't shiite where you live." So once again Godfree, is this claim by Atzmon antisemitic? If you know it is and say it's not then you are a liar. If you know it is and don't answer than you are a troll and hypocrite. If you don't think it is and say so then you are just stupid. So I'm giving you one more choice than the Jews who lived in Arab countries had who could either be expelled or stay and be murdered.

Following Atmon's blog now I can see that he is just a media "character" like Alex Jones or The Sheik from WWF. His unreasonable criticism of Jews/Zionists/Israel is actually hurting the Palestinian cause (which even they have recognized). I have faith that he will eventually write wondering if he himself is an Israeli spy, without realizing it, because that is just the sort of false flag the Mossad is famous for. In the meantime I'll start tracking his antisemitic posts. Every individual post is antisemitic by itself to some extent but certainly in total, with every post being negatively obsessed with Jews/Zionists/Israel he is an antisemite in general and if someone doesn't think so that says more about them than it does about Atzmon.

Joseph

The Combination of Extreme Criticism of Israel & Avoidance of Criticism of Palestinian Terrorism
neilgodfrey

Post by neilgodfrey »

John T wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 1:56 am

I think you should read that post, John T.

If I don't address antisemitism but focus on X instead I am deemed an antisemite.

If I address antisemitism I 'protest too much' and am an antisemite.

Glad you have me cornered, John T.
neilgodfrey

Post by neilgodfrey »

Read just how antisemitic Gilad is -- here are his own words, unfiltered by tribalists:
Imagine an Israeli PM wakes up one sunny morning with the unusual determination to bring about true peace. In the wee small hours, wisdom embraces him or her. He or she realises that Israel is in fact Palestine: it is stretched over historic Palestine at the expense of the Palestinian people, their livelihood and their history. He or she grasps that the Palestinians are the indigenous people of the land, and the rockets they shoot from time to time are nothing but love letters to their stolen villages, orchards, vineyards and fields. Our imaginary Israeli PM realises that the so-called Israeli-Palestinian conflict can be resolved in 25 minutes once both people decide to live together. Following the Israeli unilateral tradition, an immediate televised press conference is called on the same day at 14:00. Captivated by true righteousness, the PM announces to the world and his/her people ‘Israel realises its unique circumstances and its responsibility for world peace. Israel calls the Palestinian people to return to their homes. The Jewish state is to become a state of its citizens, where all people enjoy full equal rights’.

Though shocked by the sudden Israeli move, political analysts around the world would be quick to realise that, considering Israel is the representative of world Jewry, such a simple peaceful initiative won’t just resolve the conflict in the Middle East, it would also bring to an end two millennia of mutual suspicion and resentfulness between Christians and Jews. Some right-wing Israeli academics, ideologists and politicians join the revolutionary initiative and declare that such a heroic unilateral Israeli act could be the one and only total and comprehensive fulfilment of the Zionist dream, for not only have Jews returned to their alleged historical home, they also have managed, at last, to love their neighbours and be loved in return.

As much as such an idea is thrilling, we shouldn’t expect it to happen any time soon, for Israel is the Jewish state and Jewishness is an ethno-centric ideology driven by exclusiveness, exceptionalism, racial supremacy and a deep inherent inclination toward segregation.

For Israel and Israelis to become people like other people, all traces of Jewish ideological superiority must be eliminated first. For the Jewish state to lead a peace initiative, Israel must be de-Zionised – it should first stop being the Jewish State. Similarly, in order for an imaginary Israeli PM to bring peace about, he or she must be de-Zionised first.

As things stand, the Jewish State is categorically unable to lead the region into reconciliation. It lacks the necessary ingredients needed to think in terms of harmony and reconciliation.

The only people who can bring peace about are the Palestinians, because Palestine, against all odds and in spite of the endless suffering, humiliation and oppression, is still an ethically-driven ecumenical society.

As far as Jews are concerned, a few questions remain. Can the Jewish identity discourse be liberated from its self-imposed ideological and spiritual tyranny? Can Jewish politics drift away from supremacy? Can Jews save themselves? My answer is simple: for Jewish ideology to universalise itself and for Jews to move on and emancipate themselves, a vigorous and honest process of self-reflection must take place. Whether Jews can engage in such a critical endeavour is an open question. I don’t know the answer, I guess that some can, others can’t. I would hope, though, that this book may offer a fairly good start.
The Wandering Who, pages 187-189
neilgodfrey

Post by neilgodfrey »

John T wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 1:56 am

John T, you no doubt think the following folk protest too much, too...

That video cannot hide the depths of their antisemitism, can it.
neilgodfrey

Post by neilgodfrey »

Attachments
REL-JewsandArabs2.jpg
REL-JewsandArabs2.jpg (57.19 KiB) Viewed 18589 times