Did God err in making Adam ruler over Eve?

What do they believe? What do you think? Talk about religion as it exists today.

Moderator: JoeWallack

Nasruddin

Re: Did God err in making Adam ruler over Eve?

Post by Nasruddin »

So now comes the question - if Christians made it up, why does it appear in the Tanakh?
Gnostic Bishop

Post by Gnostic Bishop »

It appears because, basically, all the modern religions, including Judaism, have been plagiarized by older traditions.

Most of those older religions are from Sumer and Egypt.

When the Jews were exiled Babylon, before they were released and sent back to Israel, they were taught to read and write by copying the myths from Sumer and Egypt. I have forgotten my source but I believe that to be true due to the similarities. For instance, if your read the Book of the Dead, you will see a basic copy of the 10 commandments.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x84m5k ... -of-3_news

Regards
DL
Nasruddin

Post by Nasruddin »

The Laws in the Book of the Dead are hardly the same as the ones in the Tanakh. Clearly laws against murder, theft and cheating would be common to all cultures as a matter of social cohesion.

Are you saying that the Genesis account is not Judaic? If not, what source were the Jews using for their interpretation of 'elevation'?
Gnostic Bishop

Post by Gnostic Bishop »

Nasruddin wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:35 pm
The Laws in the Book of the Dead are hardly the same as the ones in the Tanakh. Clearly laws against murder, theft and cheating would be common to all cultures as a matter of social cohesion.
Indeed. Ideas that were around even before Judaism and Christianity.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLVpTQJqijU

All the modern ideologies are built upon older ideologies.
Are you saying that the Genesis account is not Judaic? If not, what source were the Jews using for their interpretation of 'elevation'?
Let me introduce you to my favorite biblical historian.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhiABi6vw3A

As to the Jewish interpretation of their version of a creation myth, I think they just read it as written.

They saw, --- Gen 3;22 And the LORD God said: 'Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil; --- as good.

Do you think gaining a moral sense to be good or evil? Would you give up yours?

I doubt it as you would or should think that your having a moral sense to be good.

Regards
DL
Nasruddin

Post by Nasruddin »

And then in verse 24 "He drove out the man; and at the east of the garden of Eden he placed the cherubim, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to guard the way to the tree of life."

I think a life of blissful ignorance has its merits. It depends on who you have to live with, of course, but on the whole it leads to greater contentment.
Gnostic Bishop

Post by Gnostic Bishop »

Nasruddin wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:34 pm And then in verse 24 "He drove out the man; and at the east of the garden of Eden he placed the cherubim, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to guard the way to the tree of life."

I think a life of blissful ignorance has its merits. It depends on who you have to live with, of course, but on the whole it leads to greater contentment.
Perhaps, but being content with being stupid is not what I think is the best way to live.

You ignored my question above so I think you are grasping for straws to justify your poor thinking.

That or you debate just for the sake of debate, while I debate to lose so that I might learn something new. I see that as one of the great pleasures of life.

Regards
DL
Nasruddin

Post by Nasruddin »

I think you err in thinking 'stupid' is the same as 'not knowing any different'. I would give up my moral sense, if that meant living in Eden with no cares.
Gnostic Bishop

Post by Gnostic Bishop »

Nasruddin wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:15 am I think you err in thinking 'stupid' is the same as 'not knowing any different'. I would give up my moral sense, if that meant living in Eden with no cares.
No cares includes not caring for anyone. o love, no hate just ignorant bliss without even having the wit to know you are naked. As bright as a brick.

A frontal lobotomy will get you what you want anytime you wish to pay for one.

Regards
DL
Nasruddin

Post by Nasruddin »

You can play with words all you want. The innocence in Eden is far better than the toil beyond it.
Gnostic Bishop

Post by Gnostic Bishop »

Nasruddin wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:33 pm You can play with words all you want. The innocence in Eden is far better than the toil beyond it.
Stupidity, what you misname innocence, is not superior to toil.

Regards
DL