How Many Mythicists Identify With the White Right and Why?

What do they believe? What do you think? Talk about religion as it exists today.

Moderator: JoeWallack

Secret Alias

How Many Mythicists Identify With the White Right and Why?

Post by Secret Alias »

Clearly Richard Carrier is not allied with this movement and this is not meant to tarnish the reputations of any or all mythicists. But it is incredible to me when I look at Facebook how many mythicists are active in the anti-Muslim, anti-immigrant movement afoot in the world. Robert Price, Hermann Detering, Ralph Lataster all are cheering on the victory in the US Elections. Am I missing any one? Thoughts on the connection here? Is there a pattern dating back to Wells?

What I find odd is that the backbone of the election victory in the United States was rural evangelical Christians. This group swung the election for Trump in Wisconsin, Michigan and Pennsylvania (and almost in Minnesota and Virginia). To my understanding the connection is support for the continued white hegemony. In the minds of the mythicists (save perhaps for Lataster who is an anarchist) white is right. Am I missing something?
“Finally, from so little sleeping and so much reading, his brain dried up and he went completely out of his mind.”
― Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra, Don Quixote
Giuseppe

Re: How Many Mythicists Identify With the White Right and Wh

Post by Giuseppe »

In my view, Trump is a kind of American Putin. Here in my country the ''experts'' say that he wants to allow Putin's Russia that it becomes the new Lord of Europe instead of USA.

And I don't think that Robert Price would agree with that. In his little book on Van Manen (a ''vawe of hypercriticism'', if I rememember the title), Price compares the Catholic interpolators of the Pauline epistles to the Russian soldiers active in incognito in Ukraina.
Nihil enim in speciem fallacius est quam prava religio. -Liv. xxxix. 16.
Charles Wilson

Post by Charles Wilson »

Secret Alias wrote:Am I missing something?
Yeah. Reality, mostly. You condemn others to the Slavery of Class Distinctions while you - YOU!!! - can transcend those Class Strictures. Typical Leftist claptrap.
We've seen this before:

Mark3: 1 - 6 (RSV):

[1] Again he entered the synagogue, and a man was there who had a withered hand.
[2] And they watched him, to see whether he would heal him on the sabbath, so that they might accuse him.
[3] And he said to the man who had the withered hand, "Come here."
[4] And he said to them, "Is it lawful on the sabbath to do good or to do harm, to save life or to kill?" But they were silent.
[5] And he looked around at them with anger, grieved at their hardness of heart, and said to the man, "Stretch out your hand." He stretched it out, and his hand was restored.
[6] The Pharisees went out, and immediately held counsel with the Hero'di-ans against him, how to destroy him.

Oh, ye Scribes and Pharisees! Heal yourselves, Scribes! Heal your withered hands and tell the Truth for a change. 'N after you recover from your heart attack, you may find that you like it.
Secret Alias

Post by Secret Alias »

So am I count Joseph Atwill among the White Right, Charles?
“Finally, from so little sleeping and so much reading, his brain dried up and he went completely out of his mind.”
Charles Wilson

Post by Charles Wilson »

Secret Alias wrote:So am I count Joseph Atwill among the White Right, Charles?
The "White Right" is a False Category. It's like "Kulaks". An Assignment Class for the purpose of, at worst, violence and murder. Again, typical Leftist Cant.

I don't know what Joe's political leanings are these days. Don't care.
Giuseppe

Post by Giuseppe »

Harold Bloom would define the essence of American spirit (and politics) as gnosticism.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_American_Religion

I could see something of ''gnostic'' in Bush. But Trump is too much ''Catholic'' in my eyes. No thanks!
Nihil enim in speciem fallacius est quam prava religio. -Liv. xxxix. 16.
Secret Alias

Post by Secret Alias »

This - "Again, typical Leftist Cant" - makes it clear where you stand. Thanks
Charles Wilson

Post by Charles Wilson »

Secret Alias wrote:This - "Again, typical Leftist Cant" - makes it clear where you stand. Thanks
Stephan --

You have no earthly idea where I stand on anything. See: Your own F-Bomb laced tirade when I "came back" to this site.
Secret Alias

Post by Secret Alias »

You still clothe your identity.
MrMacSon

Post by MrMacSon »

Secret Alias wrote:
... this is not meant to tarnish the reputations of any or all mythicists. But it is incredible to me when I look at Facebook how many mythicists are active in the anti-Muslim, anti-immigrant movement afoot in the world. Robert Price, Hermann Detering, Ralph Lataster all are cheering on the victory in the US Elections. Am I missing any one? Thoughts on the connection here? Is there a pattern dating back to Wells?

What I find odd is that the backbone of the election victory in the United States was rural evangelical Christians. This group swung the election for Trump in Wisconsin, Michigan and Pennsylvania (and almost in Minnesota and Virginia). To my understanding the connection is support for the continued white hegemony. In the minds of the mythicists (save perhaps for Lataster who is an anarchist) white is right. Am I missing something?
There is a general trend for theologically-minded and aligned people to be conservative politically, but perhaps less- or non- theologically-aligned people are more evenly distributed across the political landscape(?)

The situation may be better looked at politically first, rather than from a primarily theological base. This is from a newspaper article earlier this year. All sentences are as they appeared in the article, but in a different order here -

Right-wingers tend to be less intelligent than left-wingers, and people with low childhood intelligence tend to grow up to have racist and anti-gay views, says a controversial new study which compared childhood intelligence with political views in adulthood across more than 15,000 people.

The study, by academics at Brock University in Ontario, Canada, used information from two UK studies from 1958 and 1970 , where several thousand children were assessed for intelligence at age 10 and 11, and then asked political questions aged 33.

The 1958 National Child Development involved 4,267 men and 4,537 women born in 1958.

The British Cohort Study involved 3,412 men and 3,658 women born in 1970.

The study, published in Psychological Science, claims that right-wing ideology forms a 'pathway' for people with low reasoning ability to become prejudiced against groups such as other races and gay people.

In adulthood, the children were asked whether they agreed with statements such as, 'I wouldn't mind working with people from other races,' and 'I wouldn't mind if a family of a different race moved next door.'

They were also asked whether they agreed with statements about typically right-wing and socially conservative politics such as, 'Give law breakers stiffer sentences,' and 'Schools should teach children to obey authority.'

The researchers also compared their results against a 1986 American study which included tests of cognitive ability and questions assessing prejudice against homosexuals.
- The authors also claim that conservative politics is part of a complex relationship that leads people to become prejudices.

- 'Conservative ideology represents a critical pathway through which childhood intelligence predicts racism in adulthood,' says the paper.

- Conservative politics work almost as a 'gateway' into prejudice against others, say the Canadian academics.
Crucially, people's educational level is not what determines whether they are racist or not - it's innate intelligence, according to the academics.

Social status also appears to play no part.

'Individuals with lower cognitive abilities may gravitate towards more socially conservative right-wing ideologies that maintain the status quo. 'It provides a sense of order.'

The authors claim that there is a strong correlation between low intelligence both as a child and an adult, and right-wing politics.

'In psychological terms, the relation between intelligence and prejudice may stem from the propensity of individuals with lower cognitive ability to endorse more right wing conservative ideologies because such ideologies offer a psychological sense of stability and order.'

'Clearly, however, all socially conservative people are not prejudiced, and all prejudiced persons are not conservative.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/ ... acist.html