I am not asking you, I am telling you! Fantasy based

What do they believe? What do you think? Talk about religion as it exists today.
RockShan

Re: I am not asking you, I am telling you! Fantasy based

Post by RockShan »

dveler2255 wrote:1Jn 4:3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.
Rom 1:28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;
Rom 1:29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,
Rom 1:30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,
Rom 1:31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:
Rom 1:32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

My GOD is the creator of the all, who reveals himself to those he sees with a good an honest heart. It is obvious that you are of a reprobate mind and a true anti-Christ. this will be the last time I will converse with you - you have sealed your fate by blaspheming the Holy Spirit where there is no forgiveness.

Dan
Take a note of "Rom 1:29", where it says those of Debate, are worthy of death. So by quoting that verse and debating with another human being does that mean you have sinned by "protecting" your God?
dveler2255

Post by dveler2255 »

my intention was not to debate but show the definition of an antichrist which is preaching the truth. if you have a child that is wrong do you correct or allow your child to live life misinformed. if you see someone who is in error we are to tell them the truth and if they then refuse to see than you stop.

dan
Gnostic Bishop

Post by Gnostic Bishop »

dveler2255 wrote:my intention was not to debate but show the definition of an antichrist which is preaching the truth. if you have a child that is wrong do you correct or allow your child to live life misinformed. if you see someone who is in error we are to tell them the truth and if they then refuse to see than you stop.

dan
You would not stop for your child. Why would you stop for some other?

Proverbs 3:12 For whom the Lord loveth he correcteth; even as a father the son in whom he delighteth.

I read that as the bible saying that we should not stop correcting as that is to also stop loving others as we do ourselves.

Doing unto others say we should continue to correct. Sure, the one being corrected might eventually get his back up and stop listening but that does not negate our duty to correct.

Regards
DL
outhouse

Post by outhouse »

Gnostic Bishop wrote: The Eastern religions, notably some forms of Buddhism are superior.

DL

:facepalm: LOL

They are all crap and that is even more fantasy based then Christianity.
Gnostic Bishop

Post by Gnostic Bishop »

outhouse wrote:
Gnostic Bishop wrote: The Eastern religions, notably some forms of Buddhism are superior.

DL

:facepalm: LOL

They are all crap and that is even more fantasy based then Christianity.
Not really Buddha was a man. Not a God and they do not seek anything supernatural.

I doubt that you care though regardless of what Buddhism was about. If you did, you would have made a more intelligent remark.

Regards
DL
iskander

Post by iskander »

The Chinese Pantheon
Popular Deities of Chinese Buddhism

http://www.buddhanet.net/e-learning/his ... eities.htm
Gnostic Bishop

Post by Gnostic Bishop »

Granted.

There are different forms of Buddhism. Some with supernatural content and some without.

Regards
DL
iskander

Post by iskander »

Which one hasn't got supernatural content?
Gnostic Bishop

Post by Gnostic Bishop »

iskander wrote:Which one hasn't got supernatural content?
The Buddha that seeks wisdom and enlightenment and not some guy in the sky.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buddhism

"Buddhism denies a creator deity", although some sects do have minor deities.

Theravada Buddhism does not have any supernatural aspects although reincarnation is seen as supernatural to some.
I think Buddhism sees our consciousness as natural though.

A Theravada Buddhist I spoke with denies anything supernatural. Buddha was just a man and that is what they aspire to emulate.

Regards
DL
iskander

Post by iskander »

Gnostic Bishop wrote:
iskander wrote:Which one hasn't got supernatural content?
The Buddha that seeks wisdom and enlightenment and not some guy in the sky.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buddhism

"Buddhism denies a creator deity", although some sects do have minor deities.

Theravada Buddhism does not have any supernatural aspects although reincarnation is seen as supernatural to some.
I think Buddhism sees our consciousness as natural though.

A Theravada Buddhist I spoke with denies anything supernatural. Buddha was just a man and that is what they aspire to emulate.

Regards
DL
Theravada
The four Noble Truths.
1- There is suffering
2-The origin of suffering
3- There is the cessation of suffering
4- There is the path out of suffering

How do you understand the first noble truth : there is suffering.