The Beast Revelation

What do they believe? What do you think? Talk about religion as it exists today.

Moderator: JoeWallack

iskander

Re: The Beast Revelation

Post by iskander »

Luther on the Book of Revelation

“to my mind, it [the book of the Apocalypse/Revelation] bears upon it no marks of an apostolic or prophetic character… Everyone may form his own judgment of this book; as for myself, I feel an aversion to it, and to me this is sufficient reason for rejecting it.”

(Sammtliche Werke, 63, pp 169-170, ‘The Facts About Luther’, O’Hare, TAN Books, 1987, p 203)
iskander

Post by iskander »

The Book of Revelation may be useful as an aid to the understanding of the past, but the future will forever remain closed until it becomes the present

Re: The Jerusalem Church after 70 CE
Post by iskander » Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:00 pm

Rabbi Garroway writes,
For a Jew like John at the end of the first century, the continued preaching of Paul’s gospel was an abomination. It was simply contemptible to encourage Jews to become lax in their observance of the Torah. Even worse was to tell Gentiles that they can join God’s people Israel through baptism that indicated faith in a messiah, with no need for circumcision and observance of the commandments. The teachers of such sacrilege merit the epithets he throws at them and their ilk: “Balaam” and “Jezebel,” as we have seen, but also “so-called Jews,”[22] and a “synagogue of Satan.”[23]
Dr. Rabbi Joshua Garroway

http://thetorah.com/balaam-the-seducer- ... n-polemic/
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3114&p=72445&hilit=patmos#p72445
Last edited by iskander on Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
iskander

Post by iskander »

Re: The Jerusalem Church after 70 CE
Post by iskander » Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:39 pm

Thank you John for such a clear and instructive response. Your thread is excellent.

My interest in religion consists in the exploration of its capacity for change while remaining the same, even though religion is said to be based on the unchanging word of god.

Rabbi Garroway considers that " Revelation is perhaps the most natively Jewish of the Christian scriptures, composed by a meticulously observant Jew who would scoff at Christianity today." and also that John " He taught them to remain faithful in advance of their impending redemption—faithful to God, to God’s Torah, and to God’s messiah Jesus."

John 's Revelation is part of the Christian canon , a religion based on the teachings of Paul who is Balaam in the mind of John.

Apparently , all what Jewish Christians needed to get their books in the Christian canon was to believe that Jesus was the Messiah , died, was resuscitated and will return in the near future. .Redemption for those Jewish believers would take place when Jesus returns..

Did the failure to return end Jewish Christianity?
iskander

Post by iskander »

There is a thread about Revelation 11:8 which you may not have noticed. What is going on in Revelation 11:8? Lord crucified in Egypt.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=65&p=1333&hilit=alluvial#p1333