Do you think that torturing a baby is ever justified?

What do they believe? What do you think? Talk about religion as it exists today.

Moderator: JoeWallack

Gnostic Bishop

Re: Do you think that torturing a baby is ever justified?

Post by Gnostic Bishop »

Hacktivista wrote:
Gnostic Bishop wrote:Deuteronomy 24:16 (ESV) "Fathers shall not be put to death because of their children, nor shall children be put to death because of their fathers. Each one shall be put to death for his own sin.

Ezekiel 18:20 (ESV) The soul who sins shall die. The son shall not suffer for the iniquity of the father, nor the father suffer for the iniquity of the son. The righteousness of the righteous shall be upon himself, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon himself.

The declaration which says that God visits the sins of the fathers upon the children is contrary to every principle of moral justice. [Thomas Paine, The Age of Reason]

Can anyone take your responsibility for your sins?

Regards
DL
If all parties freely agree, of course.

Can a parent be bound to pay the debt of his (adult) jailed son?

Can a loving parent freely pay the debt of his jailed son?

Is it moral to just ask ignoring the questions?
If I am your neighbor and rape your wife and have my son jailed for it, will you and your wife think justice was done the next morning while I am outside waiting for you to go to work?

Will your wife spend a nice relaxing day with her rapist 50 feet away?

Regards
DL
Hacktivista

Post by Hacktivista »

I'm still waiting for your answers, I can continue later.
Gnostic Bishop

Post by Gnostic Bishop »

Hacktivista wrote:I'm still waiting for your answers, I can continue later.
Apples and oranges.

Your examples did not include the killing of an innocent man and that was what was on the table. Not a few bucks.

That is why I upped the stakes to sow you how your way did not work for the victim.

I have your answer to mine just by your reply. Thanks.

Regards.
DL
dianaperal

Post by dianaperal »

There can be no justification for any of us to torture babies, are innocents...
Gnostic Bishop

Post by Gnostic Bishop »

dianaperal wrote:There can be no justification for any of us to torture babies, are innocents...
Your first post shows intelligence.

You said for any of us. I hope you also apply that thinking to God.

As a neophyte, you may not have you seen this well done clip?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dx7irFN2gdI

If you watch the whole movie, you will see that they show the Jews praying to God at the end of it.

Thinking on that fact shows how complicate our psychology can be when it come to Gods.

Jews and Gnostic Christians like me have always fought both for and against Gods while Christians and Muslims fight for a vile demiurge and slavery to their God.

Regards
DL
Gingerbaker

Post by Gingerbaker »

Yes - torturing a baby might be justified. If torturing a baby was the only method to get a terrorist to confess where he left a ticking nuclear device in NYC, it would be immoral NOT to torture that single human, in order to prevent the suffering of millions.
Peter Kirby
Site Admin

Post by Peter Kirby »

That's inventive. Thanks for that. Honestly I find it painful just to read this thread title, and so just reflexively dislike this entire thread, so I'm kinda glad someone found a possible loophole (even if it may not strictly impinge on whatever is the point of the OP... whatever that is).
"... almost every critical biblical position was earlier advanced by skeptics." - Raymond Brown
Gnostic Bishop

Post by Gnostic Bishop »

Gingerbaker wrote:Yes - torturing a baby might be justified. If torturing a baby was the only method to get a terrorist to confess where he left a ticking nuclear device in NYC, it would be immoral NOT to torture that single human, in order to prevent the suffering of millions.
No argument on this scenario.

God can read minds, or so we are told, and would not need to torture the way people might have to do.

Regards
DL
Gnostic Bishop

Post by Gnostic Bishop »

Peter Kirby wrote:That's inventive. Thanks for that. Honestly I find it painful just to read this thread title, and so just reflexively dislike this entire thread, so I'm kinda glad someone found a possible loophole (even if it may not strictly impinge on whatever is the point of the OP... whatever that is).
The point of the O.P. is quite simple.

To show that Yahweh is a prick of a God and a baby murderer that has no justification for his actions.

Regards
DL
outhouse

Post by outhouse »

OP what kind of a question is that?

Ya lets ignore how primitive context has changed over 3000 years :wtf: